Bed and breakfast hotels hold a special charm and are ideal for travelers looking for intimacy, comfort and relaxation. As the name suggests, these hotels provide a comfortable stay, with breakfast in the mornings and superior service. The concept of providing bed and breakfast to travelers can be traced back to the 1700s. Scores of coaching or stagecoach inns in England used to provide stables for horses and lodging for travelers, and this trend gained ground as the railroad came into being and travel increased.
Consequently, several bed and breakfast hotels were constructed close to train stations to accommodate the growing number of travelers. Milton Keynes, a popular town near London, boasts several attractions that are easily accessible from such bed and breakfast hotels, such as Mercure Milton Keynes Hotel, which is also known for its typical afternoon tea service.
Benefits of Bed and Breakfast Hotels in Milton Keynes
The popularity of bed and Breakfast hotels in England grew after World War II, when a strong US dollar allowed millions of Americans to travel to the UK. Although the concept of B&B hotels started out as simple and informal accommodation for travelers, the concept has grown to include large luxury accommodation with world-class amenities and services. Here are some benefits of staying in such hotels in Milton Keynes:
- Easy Connectivity: Several cheap and budget hotels in Milton Keynes are located near the train station offering not just free parking and electric car charging points but also easy connectivity to London and several destinations in England.
- Easily Approachable by Air: The town is just 90 minutes from five major airports in the UK. One can easily reach the A5 and Luton Airport via the M1.
- Tranquil Ambience: Milton Keynes is known for its lush greenery, which offer travelers a chance to relax and enjoy with their families. The large number of parks and trees in the town ensure fresh air and a great way to rejuvenate.
- Excellent Room Service: The motto of the various hotels near Bletchley Park, a famous museum that showcases the town’s contribution to technological development and coding language used in World War II, is to provide excellent services to their guests, including the typical English afternoon tea in Milton Keynes.
- Basic Amenities: These hotels not only offer the basic amenities like air conditioner, Wi-Fi, etc., they also have qualified and courteous staff members to the best care of their guests.
- Proximity to Attractions: Hotels in Milton Keynes offer easy access to various attractions like Woburn Safari Park, Xscape, Silverstone racing track and Milton Keynes Stadium.
- Shopping: Milton Keynes houses a large central shopping complex with hundreds of shops owned by big brands as well as local sellers.
Make the most of your visit to this part of England by booking a room in a hotel that not only brings you close to nature but also gives you a taste of typical English life, including the afternoon tea, in Milton Keynes.